Pre-Primary Assistant Teachers (Northriding) - Nova PioneerEducation / Teaching / Training Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are looking for Pre-Primary Assistant Teachers to start in January 2023. Assistant Teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey - working full-time to empower teachers’ development by observing lessons and providing consistent feedback and coaching.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation-wide learning and reflection
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfill supervision duties as assigned, including some morning, evening and weekend events
Skills and Qualifications required:
- High School/ ECD Certificate /or Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - Ideal
- Over 2 years of professional experience working a nursery school or pre primary setting
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage
- Ability to lead a classroom independently, with professional experience in a classroom
Key attributes to succeed in the role:
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and collaborate with other resident teachers, apprentice teachers and deans
- You communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues
- You are adept at using technology for instruction
Documents to support your application
- Valid Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- ID Copy / Passport
- Work Permit (if applicable)
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.