Senior Librarian - City of Cape TownData / Record Management Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Cape Town 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensuring the library is effectively managed
- Supervising, training and developing staff
- Developing and maintaining a balanced and relevant collection
- Assisting the public with information enquires and reader guidance
- Ensuring the administrative processes and procedures are undertaken and complied with
- Liaising with schools, educational institutions and community organisations
- Ensuring outreach activities and programmes are organised
- B. Bibl/B.LIS or PG Dipl. LIS or B. Inf (Hons)
- At least four years’ of public library experience, including supervisory experience
- The ability to speak Afrikaans in this predominantly Afrikaans
- speaking community will be highly advantageous
- Fully conversant with all aspects of librarianship, in particular, the principles of collection development, reference work, information retrieval and bibliographic knowledge
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A wide reading background and knowledge of literature in general
- Sound leadership and management abilities
- Knowledge of the means to establish user needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- The initiative, adaptability and advocacy skills
- Successful candidates will be required to work evenings and on Saturdays on a roster basis
- Computer literacy in MS applications
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.