Electrical Engineer - ENGIEEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Electrical Engineer will be ensuring that Electrical systems are available and reliable by applying the best, safe, sustainable and timely maintenance practices in order to achieve the Plant's operational targets at a minimum cost.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Lead, supervise and coordinate a team of Electrical technicians (direct; hired or contractors), execute and ensure compliance to the maintenance plans and ensure efficient and effective execution of breakdown maintenance to ensure that Plant equipments are maintained as per procedures and OEM’s requirements/guidelines.
- Supervise, all HV / LV equipment on site, routine maintenance, all kinds of troubleshooting, repair and installation works. Ensure maintenance activities are carried out according to Company’s procedures, standards, specifications, best practices, manufacturer’s recommendations and contract terms.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and incident investigations on electrical systems and apparatus failures to eliminate reoccurrence and catastrophic failures/damages
- Develop and implement effective Electrical equipment/apparatuses Condition Monitoring Systems to monitor and detect equipment failures in accordance with the Predictive Maintenance / Preventative Maintenance and regularly review / initiate corrective maintenance on abnormalities.
- Monitor Equipment failures and report regularly on MTBF / MTTF / MTTR and optimize maintenance reliability of equipment’s
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Main Activities During Plant pre-start-up phase:
- Participate in Plant commissioning activities (planned and unplanned Outages). Attend training programme sessions. Learn SHEQ policies and procedures and enforce compliance to legal and statutory requirements on HV / LV systems as per OHS acts & regulations. Review vendors’ documents, maintenance manuals and spare parts lists. Draft Electrical maintenance procedures necessary for Plant operations and participate in CMMS (Maximo) improvements and optimization.
Main Activities During Plant operational phase:
- Enforce HSE and Quality policies and procedures, and ensure that all HSE measures and precautions are strictly considered and taken care of during the execution of maintenance activities to avoid any activity which might lead to Health Safety and Environment incidents / non-conformities.
- Manage subordinates and all Electrical sub-contractors, directly guide, supervise and assume responsibility for the performance of the Electrical maintenance personnel reporting to the role.
- Ensure individuals’ development plans for themselves and subordinates are in place and monitored.
- Raise Work Permit for each job performed by the Electrical team as required by Company procedures.
- Perform frequent on-site inspections to ensure proper work execution and check on direct hired and contracted technicians' activities (including site-specific Planned Task Observations and other safety audits on plant and personnel).
- Supervise and coordinate Electrical day to-day maintenance activities as well as trouble-shooting activities thus being able to immediately determine failure causes and to rectify defects found or to manage emergency repairs.
- Supervise Electrical workshop activities & Contractors for Electrical maintenance work.
- Manage and coordinate preparation of Electrical maintenance activities with Planner, ensure materials and spares required for job performance are available in sufficient quantities and of correct quality & specifications, ensure Maintenance plans are carried out in due time and that tasks performed are properly recorded in Maximo.
- Participate in Plant performance and availability improvement or operations and maintenance cost reduction plans by highlighting defects in the Plant design or installation, proposing and implementing modifications to Electrical equipment. Attempt all possible actions of reducing equipment downtime and ensuring high Plant availability. Identify operations trends, provide analysis of root causes and recommend and implement corrective actions to support continuous improvement of the Plant operations.
- Assist in preparing maintenance budget, work cost estimates, purchase orders and contracts for Electrical maintenance activities in coordination with management and personnel in charge.
- Monitor Electrical maintenance activities cost, and take necessary corrective actions to ensure compliance with approved plans and budgets.
- Ensure Contractors have all needed resources and tools to conduct Electrical maintenance activities effectively and according to the contract terms and conditions.
- Evaluate pertinent reports related to the cost and progress of Electrical maintenance activities and transmit analysis to Plant Engineering Manager, and issue reports as required for the maintenance department.
- Recommend new maintenance plans, procedures and schedules for Electrical equipment.
- Regularly review Electrical equipment spare parts lists/inventory stock levels and recommend parts inventory and stock levels replenishment.
- Participate in Plant scheduled / unscheduled shutdowns / Breakdowns and turnarounds.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Plant Engineering Manager.
- Perform administrative functions (time & attendance; manhour reporting and timesheets capturing)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s degree / B.Tech in Electrical & Instruments Engineering
- Electrical certification and/or HV switching certification is an added advantage
- GCC (Electrical – Factories) is an added advantage to assume GMR 2.7 legal appointment
- Driver's licenses are required
- At least 5 year experience in HV /LV Electrical maintenance & Transmission of a large power generation plant or continuous process plants, of which at least 2 years in a similar position or a supervisory role.
- Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of major PLC’s and control equipment’s.Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of Electrical equipment’s of steam or gas turbines generators (SIEMENS).
- Hands-on experience in the maintenance, repair and testing of protection equipment, generators / transformers, UPS batteries; HV / LV switchgears, fire & gas and SCADA systems (SIEMENS PCS7 / ABB protection relays).
- Drive to achieve results through him/herself and others, Ability to build and work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary staff, Ability to work together with the other departments to achieve the best result for the company
- Take ownership, Maintains high ethics standard, Motivation and leadership of the team and individual team members, Respects others as well as the cultural diversity,
- Seek, organize, and exchange information for decision-making and problem-solving, Ability to create a climate of open communication on personal and professional issues, Ability to work autonomously, prioritizing tasks and activities in line with business objectives
- Quality and environmental awareness and managing according to quality standards and procedures Innovation, vision, creativity, taking initiative, problem-solving and decision making A pro-active approach to planning and decision making Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- English Language: excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Computer literate: must have a high degree of skill in Business Computing Applications such as Databases, Word Processors, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and Enterprise Resource Planning applications (Maximo/SAP or equivalent)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.