Junior Librarian - Stellenbosch UniversityEducation / Teaching / Training Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Western Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Responsible for a variety of tasks related to electronic and printed journals, and overseeing and advising on these operations;
- Responsible for a variety of tasks related to ordering e-books, making them accessible and overseeing these tasks;
- Responsible for all processes related to standing orders;
- Financial administration;
- Managing compact storage and the off-site storage facility;
- Assisting with the training and supervision of staff in the Division;
- Providing client service.
- Bachelor's degree in Library and Information Science (LIS); or a bachelor's degree plus a postgraduate diploma in LIS, or equivalent, or a Bachelor's in Information Science.
- At least three years of relevant experience in an academic library;
- Experience with e-resources and making them accessible;
- Knowledge of financial practices, transactions, and documents;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Experience working on an integrated library system, e.g., Alma;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with printed journals and standing orders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.