Online Merchandiser - Shoprite GroupSales / Marketing / Retail Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Western Cape 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of the Online Merchandiser is to support the buying team with the delivery of strategic displays and arrangements of products in the eCommerce store offering, including the selection of the online product range, and the merchandising, sales and promotion of the product range.
Furthermore, this role performs product data analysis, competitor and market research to recommends the best merchandising solutions.
The Online Merchandiser applies well-developed ecommerce knowledge to contribute to the development and testing of new site features and capabilities, whilst collaborating with digital marketing teams to enhance visual elements across digital channels and provide the best customer experience and achieve campaign objectives.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that digital channels are rich with content including the overall layout, look and feel, product page optimization, and enabling effective search and discoverability of products within the catalogue to enhance customer experience.
- Effectively manage the digital merchandising of the product range, supporting the promotions strategy in line with business objectives and implement of site merchandising as per agreed standards and timelines.
- Set up, coordinate and maintain merchandising assets so that they are available on all the required channels for customers to experience and buy.
- Assist with the product catalogue and partner with the product coordination teams to ensure the integrity of the product catalogue is maintained at all times.
- Collaborate with Buying and Marketing teams to ensure assortments, promotional activity and customer communications lead to desired business results.
- Collaborate with technology teams to contribute to ecommerce site or platform performance improvement, supporting projects and initiatives to further enhance the customer shopping experience.
- Be the custodian of all digital merchandising activities within the specified ecommerce platform and align with the Shoprite Group ecommerce merchandising strategy to ensure uniformity with other ecommerce platforms.
- Support the execution of marketing strategies on all digital channels.
- Perform product data analysis, competitor and market research and recommend merchandising solutions to achieve customer experience and campaign objectives.
- Utilize analytics to improve performance of merchandised articles, and increase engagement on poor performing merchandised articles and components, and to identify business opportunities and risks.
- Report on categories, designs, trends and product performance weekly and find ways to optimize the product curation (creating unique product collections that appeal to specific demographics or niche customer bases).
- Matric/ Grade 12 certification - (essential)
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Business (preferred), or commensurate work experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- +2 years' experience in a similar capacity or role with strong knowledge and experience in Content Management Systems and eCommerce - (essential).
- Retail experience with a good understanding of the online retail shopper journey - (desirable).
Knowledge and Skills
- Tech savvy with exposure to working on merchandising platforms and software and integrating datasets to identify solutions - (desirable)
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 with advanced Excel skills – (essential).
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.