Business Intelligence Analyst II (SDLC) - Shoprite GroupIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Western Cape 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Shoprite, you will be part of delivering integrated solutions across the Shoprite Group to some of the most recognized South Africa Retail brands and you will do it by working on best-of-breed technologies. We are proud to be publicly recognised as the largest private sector employer in South Africa and a leading employer in Africa. We focus on attracting, developing, and retaining a loyal and committed workforce, dedicated to the Group’s culture and organisational objectives.
The Business Intelligence Analyst II plays two distinct roles: that of business analyst, responsible for translating Business Intelligence requirements into high-quality technical implementations; and that of a data analyst, where they are expert users of BI tools and data.
Through systematic and methodical investigation, analysis and communication, the Business Intelligence Analyst II takes responsibility for ensuring the timeous delivery of practical, effective Business Intelligence solutions.
They also use their understanding of business processes, expertise in analysis tools and a thorough knowledge of the Business Intelligence data offering to answer business questions. This role is ultimately responsible for translating business needs and requirements into technical implementation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Job Category: IT
Key Performance Areas
- Create and maintain BI solutions focused on analysing and visualising SDLC data and processes
- Act as a bridge between the business users and the IT development team.
- Conduct impact analysis to identify all affected interfaces by new systems or change to existing systems.
- Considering underlying business architecture, assess business cases, feasibility, and risk.
- Liaise with business on regular basis to co-ordinate initiatives, provide feedback, highlight risks and discuss issues.
- Create report specifications, wireframes and functional requirements for new applications and major changes to existing applications.
- Test and validate solutions delivered by the technical team
- Resolve user queries timeously and effectively
- Provide new insights to business on an adhoc basis.
- Information Seeking and Analysis
- Understand and analyse the current business environment.
- Operate confidently within business strategy, current trends & developments in the retail industry
- Improve and maintain the systems and operational processes within a specific domain.
- Optimize current and potential integrated systems and E2E business processes.
- Analyse and understand the customers (internal and external) that are impacted, through the use of user journeys, research and/or spending time in the various operational areas.
- Analyse and document user requirements and assess the business implications of these to the business process involved.
- Collaborate with user stakeholders in satisfying these requirements.
- Propose and document process improvements where appropriate and provide alternatives / options.
- Assess risks, costs and potential benefits of alternative business process designs.
- Develop business rules and monitor the implementation of these rules in the development of the various application systems.
- Devise, initiate and drive effective small to medium change initiatives in own area or department.
- Facilitation and Influencing
- Take ownership to maintain knowledge within a specific area and sharing of that knowledge across the team. This includes interviews, presentations and workshop facilitations with both business & IT.
- Work closely with Architects, Designers and Business stakeholders to design and implement solutions.
- Research and advise on alternatives presented by the technical designers and answer detailed questions regarding the business design.
- Confidently engage the most appropriate business representatives to obtain input and agreement on alternatives (related to best practise in the industry) that are presented.
- Plan, arrange and control meetings, workshops and relations with the user during the investigations, design and development of business processes and solutions.
- Advise stakeholders (within IT and Business) to consider solutions which will work best for the business.
- Motivate stakeholders to change practises and consider other alternatives.
- Coach and mentor emerging BA team members.
- Communication, Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Build and optimize trusting relationships with business users and IT stakeholders by delivering what was promised and providing comprehensive knowledge and support.
- Foster a partnership between business stakeholders, IT disciplines and the delivery teams.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to drive out value adding solutions, ensuring quick and efficient delivery.
- Communicate business requirements to IT to ensure that business needs are effectively and efficiently addressed. Keep Business Users informed of any changes (accommodating changes in requirements as they are progressively elaborated).
- Drive and oversee solution assessment and validation.
- Identify cultural, business, and organisational constraints affecting options for change.
- Train business users, rendering support and facilitating sessions for end-users.
- Continuously support the business environment, while maintaining an understanding of enterprise business initiatives and objectives, various line portfolios, current trends and developments in the technology field.
- Serve as a thinking partner and trouble-shooter for business problems.
- Organising, Multitasking and Time Management
- Strong commitment to project objectives and delivering high quality work.
- Take responsibility for timelines within the project plan of the business analysis effort related to a project.
- Focus personal efforts on achieving results aligned to organisation objectives.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or a related field – (essential).
- Advanced BA certification, CBAP, AAC or similar – (desirable).
- Experience in either Tableau or Power BI – (essential)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- +4 years’ experience in an Analyst role with a strong technical background, proven track record of successful delivery BI/Data solutions and demonstrable experience working within all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – (essential).
- Strong IT and process modelling skills – (essential).
- Strong understanding of agile development, servers, databases, and networking – (essential).
- Experience should include one or more of the following functional areas – (desirable).
- Retail Franchise/Stores Support services
- IT Platform and Engineering
- Contact Centres
- Information Security & Defence Services
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge and Application
- Research, document and prepare business cases. Review and advise on various business cases which will align with the business strategies of the organisation (including feasibility and business benefits).
- Actively investigate and recommend opportunities to optimize the business' offering and add value to our customers through the solutions we provide.
- Confidently provide solutions and ensure an understanding of scope by business user.
- Implement feasible techniques to elicit and analyse business problems and translate them into business requirements.
- Evaluate technical solutions and business processes against business requirements.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate User Acceptance Testing - extract feedback and learnings and input back into relevant IT solution teams.
- Analyse and document project risks and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Actively participate in the development of the BA practice within the organisation.
- Contribute to improving ways of working for the BA community.
- Share skills and relevant knowledge with others and provide guidance on how to complete tasks.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.