Technical Support Agent: Interfaces - AdaptITIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A provider of leading specialised software and digitally-led business solutions that assist clients across targeted industries.
We are recruiting for a Technical Support agent to join the Micros division.
The Technical Support agent is required to have a good knowledge of all Opera products and to maintain high level support to the satisfaction of all our internal and external customers.This will also include identifying, troubleshooting and resolving issues related to the Application as well as the Opera integrations.
- Monitor and manage the assignment of calls within the team and to other teams.
- Ensure that problems or complaints are actioned without delay and that effective follow-up action takes place to avoid recurrence.
- Provide technical support on escalated issues.
- Manage and coordinate major incidents (Priority 1 and 2) for all clients.
- Adhere to customer SLA’s.
- Real time support across all electronic media.
- Identify and advise management of procedures that may require updating or reviewing within the team/business.
- Implement and maintain procedures which contribute to increased efficiency in terms of customer support, i.e. functionality, reporting, automated tasks, etc.
- To employ sound decision making when dealing with customer support issues.
- Check that incoming emails are logged within acceptable time frames and respond to the customer with a case number.
- Check pending cases daily & frequently check for suspended cases
- Any other tasks deemed appropriate.
- Identify repeat issues & assign to the appropriate team for long term solution.
- Provide afterhours standby support when required.
- To maintain effective communication with our clients at all times, through a planned program of scheduled telephonic conversations and meetings.
- To perform dual role for both Opera Interface and PMS.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Keep updated on new technologies available, both on Oracle Hospitality software/hardware products, third-party software/hardware products, as well as general IT technologies, related to our industry.
- Research and test problems to confirm, isolate and identify what caused the problem and solutions. When unable to resolve problems, escalate to the correct channels.
- Pass any other certification examinations as required by Management.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge in operating systems and third party software as released from time to time.
- Ensure that he is in possession of all the relevant versions of Opera and related software.
- Ensure that all copyright laws are adhered to both at customer sites and on internal systems.
- Program all Opera version databases according to guidelines set out by Micros management.
- Research and test problems to confirm, isolate and identify what caused the problem and solutions. When unable to resolve problems, escalate to the correct channels
- Grade 12/Matric
- Opera Interface experience essential
- IT related knowledge (advantageous)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.