Retail Manager - EskortSales / Marketing / Retail Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAS) JOB ACTIVITIES
1. Stock Management
- Place orders with factories and other suppliers
- Follow up on orders
- Manage deliveries, delivery dates and stock upon arrival
- Manage stock order volumes
- Receive ordered stock
- Report delivery shortfalls, and damages
- Follow up on non-received stock
- Capture received stock on Meat Matrix
- Daily stock levels reporting
- Run stock depletion reports- cashiers
- Balance off with stock receiving
- Manage stock levels threshold
- Manage stock shrinkage: stock losses/damages/dumpings
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Store cleanliness including, but not limited to all floors, bathrooms, office spaces, passageways, isles, packing areas, chillers, freezers, cashier till points and Deli (Hot Foods) area.
- Always maintain high level of HACCP standards throughout the store.
- Observe OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety) hazards and abide by the rules and regulations of the Act.
3. Employee Management
- Employee Recruitment
- Onboarding and Induction of new employees
- Training and Development
- Employee Relations (Discipline in the workplace)
- Performance Management
- Employee Wellness
- Employee Motivation
4. Store Organisation
- Display of products on the the shelf and create attractive displays at key points in the store ex: check-out ques.
- Be familiar with the merchandising material available from suppliers and ensure employees are familiar with all in-store (current) promotions.
- Re-arrangement of store shelves and products
- Managing of non-moving items and display areas
5. Cash Management
- Manage and assist with daily cash ups.
- Minimise cash losses.
- Manage picking up and dropping off of cash in the store.
- Manage cash on ATM.
- Manage safety of cash movement within the store.
- Manage and keep the safe secure and locked at all times.
6. Customer Service
- Deliver excellent service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Create a store that meets local needs by building an understanding of customer-product preferences.
- Manage and analyse customer complaints to get insights for improvement of customer satisfaction
- Be the custodian of customer experience and lead brand loyalty
- Responding to customer complaints and comments promptly and accurately.
- Scan and analyse customer environment, purchasing patterns and initiate activities that will influence customer behaviour including attracting new and retain existing customers
7. System Administration
- Manage staff clocking via ERS.
- Maintain and understand the system Meat Matrix.
- Manage and maintain CCTV cameras.
- Ensure availability of physical security guards in store.
- Manage the alarm system internally.
- Grade 12 (Requirement)
- A diploma/Degree in Retail or Business or related qualification will be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a supervisory or leadership level.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Prior knowledge and experience in management of Inventory/stock, buying, staff, products merchandising, costs and profitability of the store.
- Knowledge of stock management systems like ERP, Meat matrix, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the FMCG environment and related legislation
- Management of perishable products with short shelf life especially in meat industry
- Basic Understanding of retail consumer behaviour and purchasing trends
- Basic Understanding of the retail and meat market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Analytical skills
- Basic Understanding of income statements, cash flows, stock management reporting, and all basic financial systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Exceptional customer service and people management skills
- Energetic and self-starter
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.