Senior IT Warehouse Coordinator - Shoprite GroupIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Eastern Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of the ITFS Warehouse Coordinator is to provide efficient administrative support in coordinating the delivery, reception, maintenance, repair or replacement of IT equipment, as well as executing admin-related query support for IT warehouse operations and producing monthly stock take records. This role closely co-operates with IT maintenance suppliers, whilst applying extensive knowledge in the reconciliation of hardware repair and replacement and the billing thereof to enable efficient IT warehouse services to the stores.
The role helps to manage the flow of IT equipment and stock, ensuring efficient and accurate processing, organizing, and safe storing of inventory, including the physical handling of IT equipment from Receiving Bay through to warehousing and dispatch. This role interacts with relevant warehouse systems and processes for logistics and stock management to effectively capture continuous
updates regarding IT equipment.
The ITFS Warehouse Coordinator will assist with screening current INCs and REQs in the call management system and assign these tasks to the relevant owners. The role will also assist with first line checks and set up appointments with end-users. The role will also be required to request quotes from cabling vendors and submit them to FSM/TL. The ITFS Warehouse Coordinator will also assist with Pool Cars, Tools and Equipment checks assigned to the FSE’s. The role will collect and submit fuel slips and fines to the FSM/TL.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Oversees/Co-ordinates and communicates IT hardware parts stockholding kept by ITFS Shoprite in
order to support the maintenance calls.
- Manages Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and expense items stockholding for the ITFS department.
- Physical offloading, processing, packaging and dispatch of IT equipment according to agreed standards and timelines.
- Taking inventories of stock and products, ensuring that they are safely and properly stored.
- Execute correct stock selection as requested on the issues documentation and packing stock according to agreed layout.
- Scheduling of stock provisioning to staging area for imaging.
- Assist with shipping equipment, packing, labelling and palletizing during peak times.
- Maintain turnaround of secondhand or returned equipment with the provisioning officer, label and catalogue returned equipment.
- Execute basic tests and refurbishments on equipment to properly separate and allocate usable equipment from e-waste and prepare e-waste donations to CSI.
- Execute good housekeeping of work area, and maintenance of the warehouse aisles and shelves as per safety and load requirements ensuring.
- Perform proper stock handling in equipment maintenance, packing material stock holding, PPE maintenance.
- Ensure stock rotation on stock issued.
- Complete monthly stock take counts
- Obtains quotes for new equipment via email, incident reports or specific work orders.
- Checks the validity of hardware quotes against JOB cards, Incidents numbers, history of device and store and sets guidelines for the maintenance contract.
- Checks and Validates maintenance quotes submitted for the replacement of IT hardware stores not covered by maintenance agreements
- Applies sound judgement on value of items against the quote to determine appropriate workflow and source of equipment supply i.e., maintenance company, Shoprite stockpile of part or placing a new order on SAP procurement.
- Co-ordinates and processes Shoprite purchase/work order documentation with suppliers for installation, calibration work etc., this includes validating the requests with source documents to substantiate the order.
- Co-ordinates the delivery of equipment and communicates with the relevant Shoprite IT team or suppliers on equipment or parts installation, calibration, etc.
- Reconciles the monthly billing statement from suppliers for repaired, replaced, and scrapped pin pads across the Shoprite estate prior to senior IT management/exec’s approval of the order.
- Applies IT hardware knowledge to co-ordinate the ordering and delivery of IT hardware systems to stores in various regions, and prepare financial stock take kit.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with hardware and service suppliers to obtain track lead times for deliveries, deadlines, etc.
- Apply extensive knowledge of the SAP GRV and Order system, Helix incident and workorder platform, pulse procurement as well as Excel to execute functions within the role.
- Act as a sole point of contact for capturing Good Received on SAP capture for all work done in relation to not just maintenance but also expense at IT Home Office and so before payment can ensue.
- Capture receiving delivery documentation on SAP when requested by receiving, and track stock movements on the main warehouse stock system.
- Provide stock counts for cyclic and regular stock takes.
- Update and capture the stock dispatch sheet and various project stock sheets with stock quantities, SOH, stock issued, stock received.
- Update secondhand stock sales and donations dispatch system.
- Update receiving sheet with e-waste and re-usable equipment received in warehouse 2.
- Obtain quotes from cabling vendors.
- Manage pool vehicle usage by validating fuel slips and vehicle fines.
- Complete monthly vehicle, tool and equipment checks of FSE’s.
- Maintains the main shared excel database for the request and supply of store printer maintenance units with maintenance companies and the supplier.
- Maintenance of several shared sheets with different suppliers tracking current and old orders and requests.
- Account and report on weekly orders, quotes and so on according to value, supplier, and quantity.
- Participate in weekly and monthly stock takes.
- Provide special stock counts to specific projects as requested.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Grade 12 certificate
- +2 years’ experience in a warehouse administration, or similar role with good knowledge and experience of receiving, issuing and dispatching stock, and managing communications between freight companies and warehouse customers with experience proven experience within warehouse operations picking, packing and scanning orders.
- Experience in an IT warehousing environment.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and processes and inventory management.
- Experience working with data entry software (e.g., SAP).
- Proficiency in MS office 365 with a foundational knowledge of Excel.
- Driver’s license
- A+ (preferred)
- Key competencies and work ethic
Knowledge and Skills
Detailed with problem solving skills
- examines and integrates multiple sources of information and systems understand complexities relating to the function and make sound judgement; applies experience and in-depth knowledge to manage complex situations and identifying opportunities.
Detail-oriented and devoted to quality
- A natural affinity to details and conscious effort in understanding the cause and effect of a situation whilst displaying a high quality of provided services.
- Efficiently executes priorities tasks and priorities, setting stretch goals for self, while remaining focused and working tenaciously to meeting and exceeding expectations within quality standards.
Administrative support with planning and organising skills
- Able to timeously and efficiently prioritise and execute multiple and competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Identifies and co-ordinates urgent and important tasks / priorities to ensure efficiency.
- Effective with verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to convey messages to various suppliers, stores and team in a clear and accurate manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight time constraints, managing multiple demands while organizing, prioritizing and reordering workload in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.