Technical Assistant: Operations System Support - NexioEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Western Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of this role is to support all systems, applications and projects within the Operations Systems Support (OSS) environment. Maintain and support the success of all Nexio delivery of services and
Role and Responsibilities:
Support all internal customers in the OSS business unit and tasks assigned. Document and record all functions performed in this environment and any changes shared by the customer, technology owners or vendors. Support Nexio team members to be available and deliver at expected standards.
Key performance indicators:
- Build relationships - Work collaboratively with others, inside and outside Supplier, and at multiple levels within the organization. Meet commitments and build trust. Develop positive working relationships.
- Maintain Infrastructure Availability - Identify and resolve malfunctions that are negatively impacting services.
- Learn Troubleshooting - Initiate troubleshooting sessions that involve cross functional teams.
- Contribute to knowledge base - Document new knowledge gained from experience to the central database for use by teams.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Matric/Grade 12
- IT related certification - preferred
- Scripting language - preferred
- Networking knowledge and understanding – essential
- Linux experience – 1 year minimum
- Microsoft product knowledge, OS, Office 365 etc.
- Desktop support
- Server support – preferred
- Backups – solutions or practical experience - preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Windows OS – essential
- Windows patching
- Networking – mid level
- PC / Server hardware architecture - basic
- Working hours Mon. – Fri. 08h00 – 17h00
- Must be prepared to work outside of “working hours”.
- Must be able to report to different reporting lines simultaneously.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.