Senior Process Engineer - Fraser AlexanderEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Mpumalanga 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This role is responsible to ensure the successful development of professional and high-quality technical proposals for Fraser Alexander Mineral Processing Division through the correct interpretation of client requirements, interfacing with multidisciplinary internal and external stakeholders for the generation of quotations, and the cost-effective delivery of profitable projects to maximise value for the business and its stakeholders.
The role is also responsible for specialist technical input and metallurgical support to Operations in implementing and maintaining process efficiency measures, development of plant processes and projects, and process improvement initiatives to ensure operational excellence.
Projects and proposals
- Keep abreast with industry developments for relevant requests for proposals, and gain insight of mineral processing opportunity identification using various platforms available to the company.
- Review requests for proposals to establish the strategy and approach to prepare the technical part of proposals.
- Develop proposals and multi-disciplinary quotations for clients.
- Develop process flow sheets and designs, create models, and conduct test work to ensure that designs meet specifications.
- Identify and propose mitigation of technical and financial risks for projects in coordination with the Manager, Project House(s), and other relevant stakeholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Prepare technical execution plans for projects and provide clarifications to relevant stakeholders or committees.
- Review options and present the most appropriate construction method for executing the project works.
- Keep abreast with relevant engineering concepts, components/equipment, methodologies, processes, standards, etc.
- Liaise with client technical representatives for alignment on designs, engineering standards and quality management.
- Ensure the project site is setup, managed and maintained according to relevant standards and requirements with regards to resources, equipment, subcontractors, etc.
- Develop and manage project schedules and budgets for each technical phase of a project.
- Identify project risks and develop solutions to mitigate or engineer these out.
- Draft and complete a monthly project management report including safety, quality, forecasts to completion, client relations, schedule, progress pictures, etc. and all project relevant matters as agreed.
- Understand and implement all relevant internal and client policies relating to technical matters.
Technical Support to Operations
- Provide metallurgical and technical support to site operations and projects as required within the division.
- Develop and implement metallurgical blueprint with regards to data integrity and process efficiency measures for the division.
- Provide technical input for process troubleshooting and solve complex metallurgical problems for specific site processes / systems.
- Provide metallurgical input to operational and project teams to ensure metallurgical integrity is maintained.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Liaise with Business Improvement on implementation of operational excellence initiatives.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and best practice transfer.
- Participate in site audits to check that all project or operational requirements are met.
- Ensure that all SHEQ risks are identified, mapped, mitigation measures agreed upon, and implemented throughout the project, and where possible considered at the time of tender.
- Liaise with the SHEQ Manager regarding specific legal requirements, risk management and other relevant safety matters concerning the project.
- Monitor and manage project site and contractor practices to ensure conformance to SHEQ requirements, policies, systems, safety regulations and Mine standards, when performing their work
- Manage Health and Safety systems of the project or activities within area of responsibility, identify, report and correct deficiencies to ensure Zero Harm.
- Participate in site visits and safety audits to check compliance to site safety systems, procedures, and standards.
- Act as a role model, reinforce a safe workplace culture, and provide an environment for on-site teams to challenge and act on unsafe behaviours without repercussions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Draw up a structure for staff requirements for the project or site activities and resource accordingly.
- Implement management processes for employee & contractor management within work area.
- Communicate performance requirements and appropriately hold employees and subcontractors accountable for work delivery.
- Ensure staff compliance to all site specific and legal requirements including training, safety, health, and environment.
- Develop graduate development programmes, implement and coordinate activities and manage the progress reporting process.
- Assume a coaching role for development of staff and graduates in training.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering (Metallurgical or Chemical)
- Project Management qualification advantageous
- Professional Engineer registration advantageous.
- 5 - 8 years relevant experience in metallurgy, process engineering and project management.
- Minimum 3 years relevant processing plant experience as a Process Metallurgist or similar role.
- Coal Beneficiation Plant experience advantageous.
SKILLS, QUALITIES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Specific interest in industry and keeping abreast with best practices and new technologies
- Knowledge of the mining industry and relevant legislation
- Good communication, negotiation, conflict handling and interpersonal skills
- Good quality control skillsComputer skills (MS Office)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Project Management skills
- Excellent networking skills
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.