Electrician Maintenance: Grain Field Chickens Abattoir - VKB GroupEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Free State 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- To Install, maintain, repair, test and commission electrical and electronic equipment and systems. May also work on electrical transmission and distribribution equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reduce breakdowns and downtimes periods in the plant to limit unnecessary costs.
- Ensure preventative scheduled maintenance are done as scheduled according to company procedures and standards.
- Work with management to ensure all machinery and infrastructure function electrically optimal on a continuous basis.
- Ensure the workshop comply with occupational health and safety requirements.
- Do fault finding and problem solving on electrical equipment.
- Reduce breakdowns and downtime periods.
- Solving of electrical problems from operational manager as specified in the job card.
- Keep informed on newest electrical technology with regards to better functioning, energy saving and safety.
- Complete all compulsory training interventions allocated by the direct Manager successfully.
- Apply and enforce ISO / HACCP / Occupational health and safety / 20 keys in the workplace.
- Attending to all electrical breakdowns & maintenance at Worker Trust broiler houses and Municipality infrastructure
- Daily housekeeping.
- Maintaining a professional attitude and appearance.
- Any other duties as may be required by management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent.
- Wireman’s License.
- A valid Trade Certificate as an Electrician or Millwright.
- At least 3 years electrical experience in maintenance as a qualified Electrician.
- Experience in high and low voltage connections.
- PLC & VSD experience and ability to read electrical plans.
- FMCG Experience will be an added advantage.
- Programming of PLC and related electronics.
- CB – Code B driver’s license.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime including shifts when required.
Skills and Abilities required
- Good mathematical/analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent client service.
- Conflict handling.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to follow directions, instructions and work as a team member.
- Ability to function independently and in a team.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.