Solution Architect III: SAP Platforms - Shoprite GroupIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In North West 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of the Job
As a recognized SAP Technology Platform authority, the Solution Architect creates architectures for SAP Technology platforms, consults with SAP Technology stakeholders and strategically advises on SAP Technology selection and to manage the IT landscape’s technology diversity and ensure a standardized and appropriate SAP Technology portfolio, and leads the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target environments.
Extensive subject matter knowledge of SAP Technology platforms is essential, including Cloud IaaS, PaaS, containerisation, virtualization, storage systems, UX experience, SAP Fiori, SAP GRC, SAP SSO, SAP Security, SAP platform components, networking and security.
- Provide input into the SAP Technology Strategy and future operational / capital plans around technology solutions and ensure suitable governance around the definition and management of technology to ensure these strategies and plans are implemented.
- Develop and maintain SAP Technology strategies, standards and methodologies and associated design and solutions.
- Produce well defined, well documented, viable, and cost effective solution architecture aligned to stakeholder requirements and enterprise architecture within the agreed deliverable timelines.
- Provide advice and guidance to reviews and decisions at the Architecture Review Committee (ARC) and Design Authority (DA).
- Peer review Solution Architect deliverables to provide additional detailed ICT Infrastructure and technology advice and guidance to ensure all technology aspects are considered in solution designs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Own and manage the SAP Technology roadmap, standardisation and policies, ensuring the SAP solution architecture aligns with the enterprise architectural framework.
- Architect solutions for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as it pertains to SAP Solutions ensuring the architecture comply with the Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Create, communicate and implement SAP Technology architecture principles, standards, policies, best practice guidelines, templates and governance practices to guide and govern technology architectures and designs.
- Ensure that SAP Technology architecture artifacts are maintained and managed in the Enterprise Architecture Repository so as to maintain the architectural consistency and integrity.
- Contribute to the definition of an overall framework for Enterprise and Solution Architecture.
- Define and implement required SAP Technology governance.
- Keep abreast of the latest systems technology trends and emerging technologies, identify and analyze SAP architecture best practices, determine the potential impact on the enterprise, and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Advice on the SAP Technology architecture strategy for the organization.
- Analyse and understand SAP Technology requirements and translate the requirements into effective technology architecture in line with the strategy.
- Drive standardisation and rationalisation of SAP Technologies.
- Create technology architectures and designs using the appropriate modeling techniques and methodologies in the enterprise architecture repository in line with architecture principles.
- Engage all stakeholders on proposed integration technology and work closely with Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, Solution Architects, System Designers, Analyst Developers, Technology Subject Matter Experts and Project Managers to architect and implement a robust integrated IT systems landscape in line with the technology strategy.
- Own the architecture technology standardization principle ensuring architecture complies with the principle.
- Be clearly identified as the technology authority for all technology and provide technical guidance and leadership in technology proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Partner with the Domain Architect and other Solution Architects in support of the definition and development of the overall retail solution landscape.
- Collaborate with external service providers of technologies, technology services and consultants to drive projects to successful implementation.
- Ensure that applicable architecture and design reviews are conducted for technology in line with the defined IT governance and processes.
- Review technology architecture artefacts and designs for all systems against architecture principles and standards from a risk and technology perspective, detect critical deficiencies in technology architectures and designs, and recommend improvements.
- Oversee technology design and implementation reviews to ensure compliance to Shoprite standards related to technology architecture, industry best practices, security, licence compliance, and operational services.
- Provide coaching and guidance to technology delivery teams to design and build high-quality technical solutions that fit the technology architecture principles and standards.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to delivery teams during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases that conforms to architecture principles and standards.
- Contribute to the definition of a framework for Solution Architecture and the policies, procedures and templates that guide and govern Architecture processes.
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc. Comp. Science (or similar)
- Architecture Framework Certified (TOGAF, ZACHMAN)
- SAP Certified Technology Associate - SAP HANA 2.0
- SAP Certified Technology Associate – System Administration
- SAP Certified Technology Professional - System Security Architect
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Working experience within the IT industry
- Excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well designed complex enterprise class systems
- Identification and formulation of technology architecture and technology solution alternatives and their assessment
- Experience with ICT Infrastructure components in the domains of (Networking, Data Centre, Storage, Compute Platforms, and ICT Management / Monitoring)
- Sound knowledge of SAP Technology systems and databases
- Detailed understanding in development of Information, Applications, Technology Architecture
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
- Excellent technical development and design skills and be able to mentor others to improve their skills.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology strategy, architecture and Information Technology governance requirements.
- Information Technology technical experience and understanding of the current Information Technology requirement
- Strong understanding of solution architecture, enterprise architecture frameworks, reference architectures, information and communication technologies, and business application patterns
- Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes would be advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and logical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills
- Delivery of compelling presentations to all levels of stakeholders and excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Develop proposals and marketing materials and excellent written communication & presentation skills
- Excellent organisation and facilitation skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Technology Implementation patterns and Reference Architectures
- Practical experience with infrastructure implementation
- In depth knowledge of Virtualization technologies (Server, Desktop, Storage)
- Understand SAP technologies and Architecture (Security, Authorisations, Fiori, Cloud)
- Understanding and experience of a SDLC and the processes involved
- Experience with enterprise scale SAP Technology migrations, upgrades and implementations
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.