Engineer Mechanical: Riebeek West - PPC AfricaEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Western Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Engineer - Mechanical is responsible for providing engineering technical services to the operation as well as the management of all mechanical equipment.
Ensures compliance to relevant Legal requirements and ensure Safe operation of the plant equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the operations, typically in the form of site visits, inspections, investigations, consultation, and reporting.
- Maintain Engineering Standards typically via updated documentation, site evaluations and support.
- Carry out inspections on equipment.
- Oversee management of drawings and technical documentation storage.
- Scope CAPEX projects, including tenders, quotations, assigning teams and costings.
- Provide project support, typically in the form of technical solutions, evaluations, adjudications, recommendations, and identifying Identify faults through condition monitoring.
- Evaluate and improve asset care plans and best practices.
- Monitor Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) as scheduled.
- Participate in external audits with inspectors from DMRE and provide relevant information as required and formulate action plan on resolution of issues.
- Participate in internal audits with relevant internal teams and provide relevant information as required and formulate action plan on resolution of issues.
- Review and update all relevant policies and procedures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Partner with foreman on electrical and mechanical faults and conduction of root cause analysis as well as resolution of issues.
- Partner with suppliers and service providers on condition monitoring and required resolution.
- Partner with DMRE inspectors on plant audits of mechanical equipment and infrastructure.
- Partner with Risk and Governance on insurance assessors on site/equipment inspections for insurance claims or annual premium review.
- Partner with relevant government agencies on legal compliance consultations.
- BEng, BTech Mechanical Engineering or BSc Mechanical Engineering.
- Government Certificate of Competency (MHS Act) and/or (Factories) will be be advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a 24-hour industrial environment.
- Specific experience in: Conveyor Belts, Pneumatic Elevators, Scraper Chains, Rotary Kilns, Gearboxes, Gyratory and Impact Crushers, Ball Mills, Reclaimers, Mobile Equipment and Packers & Palletisers.
- Experience in a heavy industry environment including Project Management.
- Excellent Managerial, Technical, Interpersonal and People Development Skills are required for this challenging position.
- In depth understanding and knowledge of Quarrying and Manufacturing processes.
- The ability to develop a team.
- Experience with ISOMetrix or similar risk management system is required.
- A result driven individual with analytical skills and the ability to provide direction to the maintenance teams responsible for plant maintenance and optimization.
- Experience with computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) – On Key/SAP – will be
- Knowledge of the MHSA and Environmental requirements as applicable to the Mining industry will be advantageous.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.