Senior Field Service Engineer - Alfa LavalEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Johannesburg 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Service Operations Department is looking for a Field Service Engineer to be located in Cape Town, South Africa. This is an interesting and challenging opportunity to be part of a dynamic, motivated & competent team and presents growth opportunities in one of the most interesting markets!!
The position will be responsible for the Preventive maintenance, repair, fault diagnosis and on-site servicing of Alfa Laval equipment’s on board ship and Landbase installation namely Decanters, Separators and Plate heat exchangers. The Service Engineer will be required to work across the region & International - envisaged travel will be 2- 3 weeks per month.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
The position will be responsible for Commissioning, Troubleshooting, Preventive maintenance, Audits, and on-site servicing of Alfa Laval equipment at customer site such as:
- Commissioning and Troubleshooting High Speed separators, Fresh Water maker and heat exchangers in onboard ships.
- Troubleshooting of Electrical / PLC controls (EPC controls, 2 touch, Basic & Plus controls) associated with Alfa Laval equipment.
- Decanters used in food / Waste water application.
- Executing Audits and maintenance activities related to Service agreements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Training customer crew on operation of Alfa Laval equipment
- Preparation of service / audit reports with technical recommendations.
- Safety Conscious “Think – Act – Behave Attitude”
- Ad hoc participation in Service projects
- We are looking for candidates with strong problem-solving skills who work structured and quality-conscious to provide our customers with high-level of service. It is important that you are flexible, independent, robust and thrive in a very active environment with much travel activity – acting as part of a dynamic team with colleagues around the region.
- Candidates with past Marine Industry experience and high skills in troubleshooting of High Speed Separators (PX Range, GT, Alcap types) and Heat Exchangers are preferred.
- Should be sound in reading electrical drawings and capable of independent trouble shooting of Electrical control panels.
Workplace & Hierarchy
The position is located in Johannesburg, South Africa and the work area is mainly focused on the installed base across the South & East Africa. The position will be reporting to Field Service Team Manager located in Johannesburg.
A self-starter who is hardworking
- Customer centric approach
- Ability to work well both within the team and independently
- Ability to work well as part of a regional team within a matrix organization
- Ability to multitask, work to deadlines, people oriented & thriving in multicultural environment
- Ability to prepare high quality technical report.
- Team / people oriented, thriving in multicultural environment
- Dynamic, persistent, reliable and goal oriented
- Willingness to travel and work across the region on Field Service Jobs whenever needed
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- An Engineering Graduate preferably in Marine/Mechanical or relevant technical educational background
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in high speed and rotating equipment's used in industries.
- Application knowledge in food and wastewater is an added advantage.
- Strong skills in working with Electrical, PLC and Controls
- Strong communication skills in English, (spoken and written), are essential, along with an understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Driving license is required.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.