Field Service Engineer - Volvo GroupEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main purpose of the role:
Provide field technical support to customers by installing, configuring, calibrating, and repairing technical products and systems at customer field locations.
Reporting: This position reports to Senior Manager Technical and Warranty.
- Performing a variety of maintenance and technical support on installed products and equipment.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving malfunctions.
- Determining when products should be upgraded or replaced.
- May provide onsite training for customer support personnel. On Professional level applies practical knowledge typically obtained through education and work experience (position typically requires 8 to 10 years relevant experience).
- Work independently with general supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies, and practices. Escalate competence concerns identified.
- Support Warranty and Service contracts in correct judgement of failures reported (e.g. if problem is operational, maintenance related or lack there off or product based).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- discuss technical and quality related issues with dealers and customers.
- Support, justify technical reasons for GW.
- Support with technical aspects of campaigns.
- Support with “workshop readiness” at new product launches within region
- Financial impact on warranty claims.
- To the best of knowledge identify cause of failure (e.g. driver abuse, quality issue, poor maintenance part, or vehicle specification).
- Maintain good liaison with departmental manager.
- Advise as required on mechanical and diagnostic problems.
- Review with Area Technical and Warranty Manager on findings.
- Generate weekly reports.
Qualification & Job Experience:
- Qualified Diesel Technician or Auto Electrician with 10 years service in workshop.
- Breakdown field service analysis will be an advantage.
- Electronic knowledge including diagnostic testing.
- Excellent communicator with real talent for cultural integration.
- Ability to demonstrate successful international business experience within a global network
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Code 14 driver’s license
- Read and write English.
- Manage and motivate staff in the quality field.
- Administration skills.
- Quality Control abilities.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear vision, global mind-set and successful people & culture leadership.
- Customer and business-oriented mind-set.
- Knowledge of Volvo warranty system (UCHP).
- Be able to work independently.
- Support for driving the product development in the VSA.
- To provide within the unit effective leadership, co-ordination, and general direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confident, reliable, and inspired by working in a fast and changing environment.
- Planning & organisation skills.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Strong technical and parts systems experience.
- Problem solving / resolution skills.
- Innovative thinker.
- Sound Knowledge and experience of the automotive / transport industry.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Willing to travel extensively
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.