Warehouse Supervisor: Assembly - DHLSupply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Eastern Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To co-ordinate the work of a team with regards to defined goals and objectives and report upon work activities of the area to your superior. Provide effective communication, leadership, motivation, training, and development to ensure objectives and standards are maintained and achieved.
Ensure that all contractual KPI targets are achieved and maintained in accordance with Service Level Agreement. Support and enforce business SHEQ and Legal objectives. Manage employees to perform their task/object ensuring product safety, quality, and integrity.
Encourage employees to highlight and report any damages to cases, components, or parts, and enforce compliance in accordance with SOP’s.
- Meet and exceed operational service levels and manage labour costs: achieving of contractual KPI’s, effective utilization of labour within budget, daily volume and resources plans are aligned, verify, and ensure daily activities and goals are achieved.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Drive and develop team culture: encourage and reward constructive internal competitiveness to the benefit of the Client.
- Compliance with statutory and Company Policies and Procedures: ensure compliance within team, Health and Safety, Employment Equity, Labour Relations, Legislative, Environmental issues, monitoring and maintaining a high level of compliance.
- Human Resources: ensure appropriate staffing levels, high competence levels in staff, appropriate disciplinary actions are taken, monitor and manage leave trends, manage time keeping schedules, train and develop staff, achieve standards set out by monitoring performance and providing feedback.
- Ensure that housekeeping is prioritized and delivery of safe, secure, clean, and fair work environment for team.
- Responsible for issues relating to Health and Safety and the environment.
- Record and report all damaged cases, parts, and components as per procedure ‘Reporting and Processing of Incidents’.
- Elevate unresolved problems or queries to the Superior for resolution.
- Delivery of KPI’s.
- Maintain stock control procedures and continuously review for daily reconciliation of theoretical and physical stock.
- Translate, analyse, and deliver customer needs through effective operations.
- Maintain appropriate information and reporting systems to monitor performance on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct training and competence assessments for new team members, ensuring that records are kept.
- Demonstrate respect without compromising on results.
- Ensure that product safety, quality and integrity is not compromised.
- Ensure that all non-conformances and queries are correctly channeled for resolution.
- Any other reasonable and executable task within your vocational ability will be assigned by your Superior.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- Matric (English and Math’s)
- Two years previous working experience
- MS Office
- Forklift, Towmotor (Driver’s License where applicable)
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Ability to work with people
- Ability to deliver results and meet customer expectations
- Ability to present and communicate information
- Distribution and Logistics Knowledge
- Good written and communication skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.