Quality Technician - Dana IncorporatedEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Eastern Cape 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This position is based Uitenhage South Africa. Reporting directly to the Quality Manager. Ensuring operational adherence to set standards, processes and work methods.
Roles & Responsibilities outlined below, but not limited to:
- Ensure that all First Off and Last Off practices are strictly enforced and to validate the results.
- Monitor all manufacturing processes in accordance with the control plan.
- Strictly enforce the Stop, Call, Fix discipline and initiate Concern Reports when required and follow through to close out quality concerns.
- When non-conformances occur either during the manufacturing process or within the process output, to conduct analysis and to present results to facilitate improved processes.
- To carry out in depth root cause analysis of all scrap.
- To ensure that the raw material issued to the line is correct, in required quantities and fit for purpose.
- To ensure that the disposition of all material and finished goods are always known.
- To monitor rework and to approve all rework to ensure that the reworked product is conforming and completed during the shift cycle.
- Report daily on manufacturing process output to ensure management and customer confidence.
- To conduct regular audits, introduce corrective action and follow up to ensure effective actions implemented.
- Take the lead within their area of influence when external audits are conducted.
- To ensure that all IATF requirements are applied within the manufacturing process.
- To participate in Control Plan and FMEA reviews
- To participate in corrective action in warranty analysis, customer corrective action and G8D preparation and implementation
- To assist with quality controls such as deviations, quality alerts and engineer changes
- To ensure that the correct tags, labels, and documentation is always used.
- Data analysis and record control and Quality presentations for customers
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education & Experience:
- Matric/Grade 12 preferably Diploma in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or higher.
- 2 years experience in automotive industry with the quality department
- Advanced computer skills (essential – Excel and Powerpoint Intermediate Level)
- Knowledge of and the monitoring of SPC (Run Charts)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Pay close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Position requires shift work and overtime work at short notice when operationally required
- Ability to perform physical activities
- Ability to handle pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to handle conflict
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.