Data Analyst: Umhlanga - Ignition GroupIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Assist with the provision of accurate information.
- Perform statistical modelling and analysis of structured and unstructured datasets.
- Work closely with the company to understand data and analysis needs.
- Maintain statistical models for ongoing and ad hoc review and analysis of data.
- Using automated tools to extract data from various data sources and maintain data systems and/or databases.
- Filter, scrub, and clean data by reviewing reports, printouts and performance indicates generated by the systems, to locate and correct issues and/or problems.
- Removing corrupted data and fixing coding errors · Serve as a gatekeeper for the company’s data · Locate issues and recommend process improvement initiatives.
- Use data visualization programs, tools and techniques to generate dashboards, reports, and presentations.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Implement database, data collection systems and data analytics that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Conduct verification and/or accuracy processing of relevant data to identify problems.
- Gather and collate information into a report, ensuring integrity of an continuously assessing the quality of the data.
- Prepare reports for management stating trends, patterns and predictions using relevant data.
- Prepare final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data analysis steps, enabling management to make important decisions based on various facts and trends.
- Provide solutions to ensure that quality data is readily available for reporting and decision-making.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to achieve work objectives and to maintain relationships to ensure that data analytics deliver required outcomes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- Subject matter expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and using computer systems and/or packages for analyzing datasets · Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant. amounts of information with strong attention to detail.
- Skilled at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendation.
- Demonstrated ability to present or communicate information in a structured and insightful way.
- Solid understanding of various impact measurement approaches, frameworks, methodologies, and their application.
- Ability to manage well in an unstructured, complex, and fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of databases such as SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Knowledge of data extraction and formulation principles.
Are you this person?
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, computer science or information systems?
- Do you have 3 – 4 years’ experience as a Data Analyst or business Data Analyst?
- Demonstrable experience working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with the MS Office Suite, including MS Excel and MS Word.
- Experience working with SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Demonstrate working experience with data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.