Deputy Director, School Psychosocial Support - Department of Basic EducationEducation / Teaching / Training Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Pretoria 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Department of Basic Education is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) in the Department by filling these posts and candidates whose transfer, promotion, or appointment will promote representativity will receive preference. Preference will firstly be given to excess employees and secondly to current Public Service employees.
- The successful candidate will provide support for the implementation of the DBEs Standard Operating Framework for Learner Support Agents;
- Support LSAs to develop skills to support and protect vulnerable learners in line with the implementation of HIV/AIDS Life Skills Education Programme and Care and Support for teaching and Learning (CSTL) programme;
- Lead the implementation and coordination of capacity building, mentor, monitor and support LSAs to ensure the psychosocial well-being of learners aligned to the work of the PSS Directorate;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage and train the LSAs in schools and liaise with key stakeholders within the LSA programme;
- Represent the Department in meetings with District officials and local stakeholders;
- Develop periodic reports in line with the Department’s requirements including supporting the reporting of LSA-related work under the G2G program;
- Report to the PSS Director or their designee.
- Applicants must be in possession of a three-year relevant (NQF level 6) post-matric qualification or equivalent in Social Sciences, Social Work and Psychology (a relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage);
- 4 years of relevant experience at Supervisory level;
- At least 5 years working experience in the relevant sector/environment; Experience in the design and implementation of evidence-based and research-informed psychosocial support programs delivered in group- and community-based settings;
- Experience in training and capacity building on the provision of needs-based psychosocial support models and interventions;
- Experience in implementing ongoing mentorship and support using an evidence-based mentoring model or framework;
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of psychosocial programs for children of school-going age;
- An understanding of the interface between the South African government operations and NGO environment;
- An understanding of current education and school health policies and the various child protection legislation;
- Research and theory-informed knowledge of the range of psychosocial issues;
- Knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial support interventions;
- Knowledge and skills in developing and facilitating didactic;
- Knowledge of evidence-based mentorship models and frameworks;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles and frameworks;
- Good communication skills (verbal and writing), Inter-personal, networking and computer skills;
- Ability to develop and implement a monitoring framework;
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems;
- Ability to co-ordinate stakeholder groups;
- Ability to liaise with officials at Circuit and/ or district levels of government and key stakeholders in the field;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Ability to work beyond regular core business hours;
- Creativity and energy are essential;
- A valid driver’s license and being willingness to travel extensively is required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
SALARY: R882 042 per annum (Level 12)
CENTRE: Department of Basic Education (Pretoria)« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.