IT Service Desk Supervisor - Signature CosmeticsIT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Ensure adherence to internal processes and policies so as to minimise potential disruption to business activities
- Monitor daily operations and ensure that all processes and policies are adopted and consistently applied
- Provide first line technical support to resolve service desk incidents
- Set up workstations with computers and required devices such as routers and printers, and configure appropriate software and functions according to requirements
- Provide administrative support services including but not limited to servers, desktop and laptop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, telephones, smartphones, application deployments, resetting of passwords and security updates
- Engage in regular troubleshooting activities, resolve problems and connectivity issues and mitigate operational risks
- Effectively utilise the ticketing system to define roles, manage work queues, process workflows and SLA measurements
- Ensure that all tickets are addressed in line with SLA and business expectations
- Ensure that all calls logged are captured on the ticketing system according to established standards
- Monitor and analyse incoming service desk tickets to understand trends and dependencies
- Share findings of analyse with the service desk team, line manager and relevant stakeholders
- Assess potential critical incidents, make decisions based on business impact, urgency and criticality and where required escalate to line manager for assistance
- Effectively manage all escalations for all incidents, service requests or issues and escalate and or provide feedback to line manager
- Provide relevant feedback on all unresolved incidents
- Evaluate and address service requests approaching or exceeding their SLA’s and ensure that the required reprioritising of tasks take place
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Review metrics and reporting throughout the day in order to optimise service desk performance
- Review feedback and or concerns raised and ensure that there is an action plan to address re-occurrence
- Actively support and participate in major incidents, changes and releases, disaster recovery planning and implementation projects
- Review major incidents, scheduled outages and business events and assess the need to adjust plans for the day Ensure that the service desk has the information, access and resources to support all changes in the IT environment
- Share insights and analysis of known issues, business impacts and the relationship between events and incidents with line manager and relevant stakeholders in order to address repeat events and long term problem solving
- Ensure that the service desk team has knowledge of major incidents and have instructions and guidelines to address queries, communicate status and the impact on clients
- Partner with relevant stakeholders and line manager to ensure that the service desk team has all the required information to support new releases
- Continually assess skill levels and staffing needs to balance operational responsibilities with adhoc project commitments
- Effectively lead the Service Desk team though day to day management and the sharing of knowledge and technical skills
- Guide staff training activities, promote consistent resolution of common issues and actively encourage the sharing of information between team members
- Ensure adequate staffing and skill set across operating hours
- Effectively balance workload across the team to maximise productivity, build capacity and ensure SLA compliance
- Effectively utilise delegated authority to lead the team and provide the required service to all areas of the business
- Effectively manage client frustration and required service level delivery
- Develop and maintain methods of communication to keep stakeholders informed and build effective relationships
- Provide input on experiences and knowledge during the design of systems and processes
- Design and implement a client survey and effectively utilise feedback to continuously improve service levels
- Provide the required reporting and analytics on system and service availability and performance, queue management and SLA compliance
- Provide administrative and technical support to the IT department and line manager
- Ensure a clean and safe environment by applying housekeeping principle
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification required
- Relevant IT Degree (BCom, BSc) or related qualification an advantage
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Service Desk, Helpdesk or Customer Service Support Supervisor required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Service Desk, Help Desk Administrator required
- Demonstrated experience in supporting technical desktop, laptop, and Point of Sale issues
- Experience in a retail environment an advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.